Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere!





Well for months we have been prepping and getting ready for a move back East. It really came up fast! We are so thankful that things have gone (for the most part) very smoothly. Now another step in this moving process is done. I sat in the house yesterday afternoon surrounded by boxes. It is always amazing to me that they can come in and pack so quickly and your house is immediately transformed. We have made some amazing memories at our house on Betty Street. When we moved West three years ago we really thought that we would be waiting for ten months to get into a house. Little did we know that God had much bigger plans. We found an amazing church and our pastor spoke of prayer and being specific. I specifically prayed (by address) for our home...and a few weeks later Bill pulled up to the RV and told me we got the house. Now three years later we sit back in the same RV park waiting to move. Bitter Sweet is the only way I can describe everything! We have been blessed beyond belief to be here and I find comfort in knowing that our journey here has been amazing and the next step will be Stafford, VA. Ministry in California has been so different than out East where everyone knows of church and knows someone that goes to church and will be happy to sit and listen to you talk about God. Out here, not so much! Relationships have been built and we have no idea when or if God will use what we have done here to soften hearts...only time will tell. I do know that being out here has totally changed how I view ministry...God has changed my heart and the fire I have had for the past three years will be burning even as we move away. I can't wait to see what God has in store for myself and our family...We are thrilled to be closer to family and tons of friends that are also our family. We are thrilled to move into our new home and make more memories...and no doubt, three years from now we will be packing up and moving forward onto another journey...But for now we all intend to sit back, relax and enjoy all Stafford and Washington D.C. has to offer... we plan to enjoy visits with family...and we definitely plan to enjoy God's bigger plan for our lives unfold!

We have two weeks left in San Diego and we plan to have some fun. Sure, Bill is still working but we will enjoy the nights and the relaxing camping lifestyle that we ALL love...and of course Bill will continue telling me that this isn't camping...and I say YES it is...the only kind he will ever get me to do :)

1 comment: